Steps to take to prevent your business from being vandalized
If your building suffers from unwanted graffiti or other vandalism, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help. Call us 24/7 at 619-583-2133.
Surprisingly or not, vandalism is something that occurs every single day in San Diego. Whether it happens to your home or business, expenses incurred to cleaning up vandalism not only cost money, but time as well. Whether it’s broken windows, busted doors, or spray painted walls, this kind of cleanup can cost businesses thousands of dollars in damage cleanup and lost revenue. It’s no laughing matter!
Here are a few tips to prevent coming another vandalism statistic:
- Considering installing an alarm system and/or security cameras.
- Even if you have a basic or fancy alarm system, it’s important to double check that you lock up each and every day.
- Clean up trash and debris outside of your business.
- If you notice any graffiti, have it removed and/or paint over it.
- Post “Do not loiter” signs outside of your business.
If your business does have vandalism occur, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here and ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us anytime at 619-583-2133.
SERVPRO in San Diego is your one-stop shop for all remediation needs
This photo is of a recent water damage job that SERVPRO helped assist the owner with. It shows our green equipment onsite at a job in San Diego.
Do you own commercial property in San Diego? If so, chances are at some point you've dealt with major or minor water damage, or possibly even a fire at your property. Day in and day out building emergencies occur, often when you least expect it.
When you have damage to your property, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can assist you with all of your restoration and remediation needs from start to finish - whether it involves your contents and belongings, remediation, then reconstruction, we do it all.
- We do free inspections
- We bill your insurance company direct
- We are licensed, bonded, and insured. Our CSLB number is 1037786
- We are an IICRC Certified Firm
Call SERVPRO 24/7/365 at 619-583-2133. We are an insurance preferred vendor for almost every insurance company.
How to protect your pets during a fire emergency
This is Toby, our furry family. He is the SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown shop dog, who comes to work with Josh, our Operations Manager, every day!
Our pets are not just our pets; they are our family. We need to be extra careful to protect Fluffy and Fido in case of a fire. Pets can become disoriented and scared during a fire emergency.
It is important that you designate one person to take care of the pets during the event of a fire emergency. Make sure that this person knows what to do in the event of an emergency.
Here are some tips to keep your furry family members safe:
- If possible put your furry family member in their carrying case.
- Make sure to give them plenty of water and food.
- Lastly, make sure to give them plenty of affection and love. Pets usually scare easily during an emergency.
SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help you with all your fire remediation and restoration needs. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 619-583-2133.
Flooded kitchen? SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown can help
This photo is the "after" of a bathroom remodel that was done after a huge flood damaged 4 units of a La Jolla high rise.
Many of us have yet to experience water damage to our business or property, thankfully, but the truth of the matter is that water intrusion and leaks happen every single day, even here in sunny San Diego. If a fish tank floods your home, and damages your flooring or causes wet walls, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is centrally located in San Diego to respond to your property and assist with extraction and placing equipment immediately. Our average response time is under an hour. We are locally owned and operated by San Diegans, Ben and Lisa Sussman, and Jordan Katz. Call our office 24/7/365 at 619-583-2133. Our IICRC Certified technicians are on standby ready to assist you with any size water damage.
Space Heater Fire? Call the experts! SERVPRO to the rescue!
This photo shows a San Diego home that had a fire several months ago. SERVPRO was referred by the insurance company to assist with the cleanup.
Did you know that unattended space heaters cause many fires per year? They do! In fact, according to…”NFPA urges the public to use portable space heaters with caution. ... Between 2011 and 2015, portable and stationary space heaters accounted for more than two of every five (43 percent) U.S. home heating fires and five out of six (85 percent) home heating fire deaths.”
Here are 4 tips to avoid such a tragedy:
1) Do not plug any other electrical devices into the same outlet as the heater.
2) Place space heaters on level, flat surfaces.
3) Never place heaters on cabinets, tables, furniture, or carpet, which can overheat and start a fire.
4) Always unplug and safely store the heater when it is not in use.
SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help you with all your fire restoration needs! We are fire cleaning and restoration experts. We will come out and access the damage, pack your belongings for safekeeping, and provide you accurate estimates of the costs. We are here 24/7/365 at (619) 583-2133.
We hold several IICRC designations, which is the organization that sets the standards for water and fire restoration.
Steps to take after your business floods
This gym in San Diego experienced a major flood, and SERVPRO was called to assist with the extraction and cleanup.
If your San Diego property has sudden water or flood damage, it can be scary and you often don’t know where to begin or what to do. Depending on the severity of the damage, here is a guide of the 7 top steps to take after your business has flooded:
- Protect yourself, if there is standing water or major damage, get to a safe and secure area.
- Call SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown in San Diego at 619-583-2133 to come out and extract water, or assess the severity of the damage with you.
- Initiate cleanup immediately.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim.
- Get everything dry, SERVPRO can help with that.
- Inspect/address mold damage.
- Proceed with necessary repairs.
SERVPRO is a flood damage and emergency expert. Our water damage technicians are certified are flood professionals. We are available 24/7/365 at (619) 583-2133. We will come out and access your flood emergency, provide protection for your belongings, and provide accurate estimates of all costs.
We are a preferred vendor for most insurance companies and will bill your insurance company directly.
Yes, we are open during COVID-19.
SERVPRO is always here to help.
SERVPRO is being called on by numerous businesses and community leaders to perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect and sanitize their properties. All of our cleanup practices are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities. If you are interested in inquiring about our services we’re here to help – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, while life gets back to normal in the communities we all call home.
SERVPRO can respond quickly and effectively to help minimize business interruption to your company.
We are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables at a minimum. These same surfaces are mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces as well.
Our team is trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 619-583-2133.
Flooding in San Diego? We can help!
This photo shows the aftermath of the damage of a roof leak to a high-rise in downtown San Diego.
Flooding in the San Diego region is not as uncommon as one would think. Flooding causes expensive damages to homes and business each year. Heavy rain and storms are the culprits of damages to roofs, basements, and garages. Flooding when not dealt with immediately can also cause mold growth.
In some people, especially those with respiratory sensitivities, mold can cause health concerns for those with asthma and allergies. It’s imperative to get your home or business restored to preloss condition as soon as possible. Even delaying one week can cause irreparable damage to your home or business. Do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown in San Diego immediately when flooding creates an issue for your home or business.
We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. SERVPRO is the brand you know and trust for your flood and restoration needs. Call us anytime at 619-583-2133.
What you should know about mold
Here is a photo showing mold damage to a property in San Diego. SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown assisted in remediation.
If you are on Google searching for clues about mold, you probably suspect you have a mold growth issue in your home or business. Allow SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown to educate you, per the EPA.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, there are a few things you should know about mold:
- There is no practical way to eliminate all molds and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
If you do have a mold issue, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help and restore your property “Like it never even happened.” Call us anytime at 619-583-2133.
My building flooded, who do I call?
This is a photo of a SERVPRO technician performing water removal at a commercial property in San Diego.
When your building floods in San Diego, SERVPRO is here to help.
SERVPRO is the water remediation company that you know and trust, for several reasons:
1.) We are licensed. To do water remediation work in California, you MUST be licensed by the CSLB. Our license number is 1037786, and you can check the status of our license anytime at www.cslb.ca.gov.
2.) We are bonded, we are insured. If something happens on the job, you are in reputable hands with appropriate insurance to cover any accident that were to happen on our watch. Protect yourself, and ask for proof of insurance.
3.) We work 24/7/365. There isn't a day of the year or time of day that you call us and we can't respond.
When you have water damage emergencies in San Diego, SERVPRO is here to help! Call us 24 hours a day at 619-583-2133.