Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Major Mold Problem in San Diego
This mold was found in a commercial property and SERVPRO was hired to do the mold removal.
When you have a severe mold problem, be it commercial or residential, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is well equipped to handle it from start to finish. Our Mold Project Manager, Fred Erwin, has over two decades of mold remediation experience and handles mold remediation of any size. He recently oversaw a large-scale project in downtown San Diego of a commercial property that had damages in the hundreds of thousands of dollars - due to mold. If you think you have a mold problem, whether it be large and very involved, or fairly small, give us a call. Our team would be happy to assist you and help restore your property "Like it never even happened." Call the SERVPRO team anytime at 619-583-2133.
Commercial Mold Remediation Expert in San Diego
Mold at a medical facility in San Diego. SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown was contracted to tackle this very large project.
When your business or commercial property is suffering from mold damage, SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown can help.
With 20+ years of experience in commercial mold remediation, hundreds of satisfied mold remediation clients, and dozens of mold remediation classes and certificates under our belt, we're the ones for you.
Mold should not and cannot be taken lightly. Sometimes we get customers who think mold is no big deal, but that is not the case, particularly for those with sensitive health issues. As a business, the last thing you want is a customer or employee to become sick to what they think is from mold exposure.
SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown does free walk throughs and free estimates, and we have dozens of satisfied hotel, medical industry, and restaurant clients when it comes to mold remediation. Call us anytime at 619-583-2133.
Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (619) 583-2133
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
- Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
- Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
If you believe you may have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting. You may even be able to follow the smell to the source.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Centre City / Uptown for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold in homes can pose serious health risks. To prevent cross contamination of your home, it is best to have a professional company such as SERVPRO to perform the remediation.
Call our office today at 619-583-2133 if you believe you may need mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Centre City Uptown - Mold Remediation
Does Your Home or Business Have A Mold Problem?
In San Diego, mold can spread through a home or business in as little as 48-72 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –
SERVPRO of Centre City Uptown at 619 583 2133.