Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When you have water damage in San Diego, it's often scary and unexpected and you don't know what to do or where to start. SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is a good place to start! Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have crews on standby ready and available to help with a disaster or emergency of any size. Anything from a large 14-story flood to a small single-family home or condo unit, we've seen and handled it all.
Call us anytime at 619-583-2133. We are centrally located and have an average response time of under an hour for emergency calls.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (619) 583-2133
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.