Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Little Italy?
Our Centre City Uptown team restores fire damage every year in Little Italy. Knowing how to use a portable fire extinguisher can save lives. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Use a portable fire extinguisher when the fire is confined to a small area, such as a wastebasket, and is not growing; everyone has exited the building; the fire department has been called or is being called, and the room is not filled with smoke.
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your Little Italy home or business, our Centre City/Uptown team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-583-2133.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.