E-Cigarette Battery Fire in North Park Home?
Our Centre City Uptown team restores fire damage every year, and sometimes the damage is caused by smoking materials. Here are some smoking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Never leave charging e-cigarettes unattended. E-cigarettes should be used with caution.
- Battery failures have led to small explosions
- Fires have occurred while e-cigarettes were being used
o While the battery was being charged
o While the device was being transported
- If you smoke, use only fire-safe cigarettes
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Most deaths result from fires that started in living rooms, family rooms, and dens or in bedrooms.
- Keep cigarettes, lighters, matches, and other smoking materials up high out of the reach of children, in a locked cabinet
Put It Out
- Use a deep, sturdy ashtray. Place it away from anything that can burn.
- Do not discard cigarettes in vegetation such as mulch, potted plants or landscaping, peat moss, dried grasses, leaves, or other things that could ignite easily
- Before you throw away butts and ashes, make sure they are out, and dousing in water or sand is the best way to do that
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your North Park home or business, our Centre City/Uptown team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-583-2133.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.