Lightning Safety Tips for North Park?
I laid in bed and listened to the thunder and watched the lightning strikes light up the walls in my bedroom. My little dog was frightened, but he was reassured by my bravery. Over 100 lighting strikes were recorded that night.
September brought more thunder and lightning to North Park and San Diego county last month. SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in North Park. Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Lightning: What You Need to Know
- No place outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area!
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you
- When you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe shelter: a substantial building with electricity or plumbing or an enclosed, metal-topped vehicle with windows up
Indoor Lightning Safety
- Stay off of corded phones, computers, and other electrical equipment that put you in direct contact with electricity
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths, and faucets
- Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors, and do not lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
When you need storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-583-2133. We’ll restore your storm damage in North Park, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.