Candle Fire in Banker’s Hill Bedroom?
Banker’s Hill Bedroom Candle Fire Blunder
My bedroom was transformed into a spa-like setting when I lit all of the candles. Unfortunately, a gust of wind sent my gauzy curtain into the flame of a candle and started a fire in my pretty bedroom. Fortunately, we were able to put the fire out and call SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown.
Candles' flames create ambiance, but they can be dangerous if improperly used. Here are some candle safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
- Light candles carefully
- Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown has a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 619-583-2133. We’ll restore your fire damage in Banker’s Hill, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.