Water Damage Prevention Tips for Uptown San Diego?
SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown has been responding to water damage emergencies in the Uptown area of San Diego for many years. We know that our fast response time saves our customers time and money. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for inspecting indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine and never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
When your Uptown home or commercial business experiences a water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown has a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 619-583-2133. We’ll restore your water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.