Washing Machine Flood in Old Town?
Washing machine washout in Old Town?
According to a study conducted by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) half of the water damage incidents involving washing machines were caused by a failed water supply line. SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown responds to water damage emergencies through the year in Old Town, and we offer some loss prevention and maintenance tips from the IBHS to minimize the potential for a supply line failure:
- Turn off supply valves when not in use
- Consider installing a lever-type valve that is easy to operate between uses
- Do not operate the washing machine while the home is unoccupied
- Leave a three-to-four-inch gap between the back of the washing machine and the wall to avoid kinking the hose near the valve connection
- Inspect the water supply line hoses every six months
- Ensure that the connection to the valve is secure, but avoid over-tightening
- Hand tighten the connection first
- Then tighten an additional two-thirds of a turn using pliers
- Check the hoses for cracks, kinks, or blisters, which are most commonly found near the hose connection
Call Us Today!
When your washing machine floods or you have any form of water damage in your home or business, SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown has a team of emergency water restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us at 619-583-2133. We’ll clean and restore your water damage in Old Town, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Centre City/Uptown is Independently Owned and Operated.