Space Heater Fire? Call the experts! SERVPRO to the rescue!
Did you know that unattended space heaters cause many fires per year? They do! In fact, according to…”NFPA urges the public to use portable space heaters with caution. ... Between 2011 and 2015, portable and stationary space heaters accounted for more than two of every five (43 percent) U.S. home heating fires and five out of six (85 percent) home heating fire deaths.”
Here are 4 tips to avoid such a tragedy:
1) Do not plug any other electrical devices into the same outlet as the heater.
2) Place space heaters on level, flat surfaces.
3) Never place heaters on cabinets, tables, furniture, or carpet, which can overheat and start a fire.
4) Always unplug and safely store the heater when it is not in use.
SERVPRO of Centre City/Uptown is here to help you with all your fire restoration needs! We are fire cleaning and restoration experts. We will come out and access the damage, pack your belongings for safekeeping, and provide you accurate estimates of the costs. We are here 24/7/365 at (619) 583-2133.
We hold several IICRC designations, which is the organization that sets the standards for water and fire restoration.